THE PASS RUSH MOVE SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY OVERHAULED IN MADDEN 21. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A MOMENT TO LEARN IT SO YOU CAN TRY AND MASTER IT.
- Check the Ratings: Knowing which types of moves to try and which lineman to try them against is very important to success. For example, faster speed rushers won’t excel with “power” moves.
- Watch the Graphics: Understanding the UI is crucial to managing your pass rush. Check the tutorials in-game to get an understanding of the defenders key information along with the offensive line.
- Know the Situation: Keep an eye on the down and distance, along with the clock. This can help you understand how many moves to try and what the offense might be trying to do on a certain play. (ie: third-and-long, likely to pass)
- Abilities: Many new Superstar and X-Factor abilities can give you extra stamina and boosts in the pass rush game. This is a great way to get an edge.
- Rotation: Getting a solid rotation of lineman subbed into the game can keep your defense fresh. Look to use your lower-rated players at less critical parts of the game to keep stars fresh.
- Position Shift: Moving defenders around the line is a smart idea. Try rushing defenders inside and then moving them outside in pure passing situations. This will put them up against different lineman consistently and give them new angles to attack the QB.